Friday, September 24, 2004

Now Ive got a big splinter that is half way through my thumb :( will need to do surgery on myself when I get home, very annoying... Even though my site is the best best best it does have some nasties... bloodie mozzies drove me crazy today and Ive got a big bite on my butt cheek, not very nice. Also giant ants called Jumping Jacks which are very nasty, got a bite on my leg few days ago, not very nice either. I havent seen snakes yet but I know they are there so on sunny warm days they come out and sunbathe and I have to be carefull not to step on them... It was graet out there today untill it started to rain, there is a popular surf beach quite close and I can see the surfers catching the waves. I bought a little tripod to sit on for the vege work, quite exhausting to look down on small plants for hours and hours but I am starting to get familiar with most of the common plants now :) Soooo many species !!! Im looking forward to a plant break over the weekend, then next week I will start again, well, we are taking bio students out trapping as well so hopefully I will have time to do my own work too... Have a great weekend, check out Une Soiree and other paintings by Jean Baraud.