Tuesday, September 07, 2004

So much to write and so little time... I have been so sooo busy lately. We drove the Great Ocean road with Ellen, Magali and her friends on Saturday which was fantastic ofcourse :) Great to see the Twelve Apostles again. We saw wild koalas up close and personal and one with a baby, the first koala joey I have seen, extreeeemely cute. We also saw a Rufous bristlebird which is one of Ellens rare species for her PhD. I have heard their calls often before but never seen the bird itself so that was great. Sunday and Monday I was by myself in the field putting up 200 traps for this weeks trapping. Great weather and really nice and warm on the best spot in Victoria, MY studysite :) So this morning me, Mandy and Bec went out to check the traps and we did the first toeclipping, very very exciting. The pouch young were much bigger than last time and everything went well. Next 2-3 mornings I will be in the field and I am dancing the sundance and hope the weather gods will be mercifull and dont let it rain :) Tonight I will be having a talk on Iceland for the Field Naturalist Club of Victoria so we will be off to Melbourne once again. Always nice to go to Melbourne :)