Monday, September 13, 2004

Very busy weekend.. Took the train to M'bourne on Friday and Jacki and Geoff picked me up and drove me to their amazing holiday house near Rosebud on the Mornington Peninsula. The house is on a hill with great views over the bay. They drove me all around the Peninsula, the weather was quite bad but we still managed to see alot. The golf courses were flooded but still there were stubborn golfers torturing themselves. This weekend was the coldest in Septeber for 10 years or so going down to 3 degrees, brrrr. Saturday evening they took me to a Wine tasting event with all the local people and winemakers. Very interesting since it was a competition between Mornington Peninsula wines and Macedon wines. The bottles were covered up to begin with and we compared two types of white wine and 3 types of red wine from each wine area. 5 course meal and lots of fun and good coments from the winemakers. Sunday morning we took the ferry between Sorrento and Queenscliff and stopped by at Fred and Judys in Q'cliff for coffee. Then home and straight to Kates birthdayparty in Teesdale. Teesdale is between Geelong and Ballarat and they have goats in their backyard and a sweet one eyed dog. Big fiest at Kates and they had to roll me out of the house because I was so full.
Last night there was a film on Steven Hawking (called 'Hawking') on tellie which was really interesting. I have always been fascinated by the universe like some of you know and wanted to be an astronaut for years and years. But I have always doubted the big bang theory, (probably because I never fully understood it) so now i am intrigued to read more about it. So I went to the library this morning and got some books, among them 'A bried history of time' which I read parts of years ago but want to read again. I love it when I get inspired like this :)