Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Yesterday there was a show on tellie on Iceland, I got excited and thought they would perhaps talk about volcanoes, DeCode or Alcoa-Karahnjukavirkjun but no the whole show was on DWARFS !!!!! Interview with Magnus Skarphedinsson (UFO) who wishes he could see them and a crazy lady who sees dwarfs and gnomes in her backyard. And then they posed garden gnomes in the lava, yes the ones with the red hats, and glowing eyes and it just looked ridiculus :) And the funny thing is that I saw a similar show, not the same one but very similar, when I was here last time... so now there are TWO icelandic gnome shows out there and the Australians think that all Icelanders see hidden gnomes in our back yards. But dont get me wrong I love the stories about Huldufolk (translated Hidden people...) elves and our trolls, I guess I just feel these shows are mocking our old beliefs and stories... hmmm...