Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Hey all, I have been really busy putting up invertebrate (hryggleysingjar: kongulaer, maurar, sniglar...) pit fall traps for today with Kylie and have had no time to reply the e-mails that are piling up, sorry about that... Tomorrow Im going on a 5 day work-trapping trip to Portland with Ellen, we will trap HEATH MICE, cutiecutie and MINNIES (Antechinus minimus)... great fun and I will bring all my rain gear and make sure I wont get wet. Hopefully I wont get any ticks on me... argggg :o)

I am always talking about Antechinus minimus, which by the way is the little marsupial that I am doing my project on. Antechinus minimus (now you all remember the name) means "The smallest hedgehog equivalent" The first people who described the species actually put it in a wrong category and said it was the smallest of the quolls, but it is actually one of the biggest antechinus species. And it reminded them of a small hedgehog so thats why it is called a hedgehog equivalent :)
Well, enough of that, I am going home to pack, wish me a tickfree journey and I will give all details when I come back :) Turilu...