Thursday, April 15, 2004

I hope everybody had great Easter holidays, lots of chocolate and good company. I spent the weekend at Queenscliff with Fred, Judy (my Australian parent substitutes), Anna (their daughter) and her husband Greg and kids Kate and William, and Peter (F&J son) and his girlfriend Jodie. Sunday was busy busy, first golfing for 4 hours and THEN ... biggest highlight of all ... I went with Peter and Jodie to Bells beach to see the Rip Curl Pro, which is World Championship surf competition. I saw the BEST surfers in the world that day. Amaaaaazing, definitely among the coolest things I have ever seen. I got soaking wet because the tide was coming in but video camera and phone survived though. Monday me, Judy and Fred took the ferry from Queenscliff to Sorrento and we had lunch there and strolled along the main shopping street, really cute town.

Since Tuesday me and Kylie have been trapping at her site in the Alcoa lease, near the horrrrrible coal mine they have there. Until now we have only caught Bush Rats and one Agile Antechinus (so cute) but we have one more day to go. It has been really hot in the past few days, 32 °C yesterday and that makes it very sweaty to work. But it is (unfortunately) cooling down now and will go back being normal April temperature (20 °C) ... hmmm I know I know, it is quite warm on European standard, but it feels cold brrr...