Thursday, May 13, 2004

I am so tired, have been doing fieldwork every day since thirsday last week, the weekend included. First my trapping with the students in my site Urquharts Bluff and then I have been helping Kylie trapping her site. The students were just great, really cool bunch of people, very interested and I really enjoyed that. Kylies trapping site is very beautiful and we have been very lucky with weather, sunny and nice. The only thing is that we have to walk for ages from the track to get into her grid, so we are getting very fit hehe. Tomorrow we will check her traps for the last time and pack them up and will have to walk up a long hill with 50 traps each... phewww I cannot say I am looking forward to that but hey its free exercise :) Then there is no rest for the wicket, tomorrow I will get a ride with Kylie to Melbourne and I will meet up with Meg who is also doing a project on A.minimus. We share affection on Xavier Rudd and we have got tickets to see him on Saturday. We are very very very excited !!!! Unfortunately Kylie has to work and Ellen is going on a week holiday to Queensland so they wont be there but me and Meg might paint the town red (icelandic expression meaning: go clubbing and have loads of fun).
My favourite animal at the moment is my little missie number 44 in Urquharts Bluff. She is sooo cute and adorable, second year so she had pouch young last year, healtly but is addicted to peanut butter. She was trapped heavily last year and now she comes in the traps every day, sometimes twice a day, very trap-happy. I cannot wait to see her little babies in August, I am hoping she will breed. I will chop a toe digit of all her babies though... part of my job... By chopping the toes off I will be able to identify them when they leave their mothers. More about that later :)