Tuesday, August 24, 2004

I have been dying from excitement the last days because of my most important trapping. Yesterday Rodney came over from Perth and we put up traps and this morning we caught the first animals. Only two mums with pouch young but hopefully we will get more animals in the next days. Unfortunately the poch young are still too small for toeclipping so I will have to wait another 2-3 weeks untill I can do the clipping... The little babies are less than 1 cm now and their toes are a fraction of a millimeter. A bit disappointing but it will be ok... hopefully :) And NB !!!! Toeclipping does not hurt them :)
I have been very happy in the last days, both excited about Xavier Rudd and the toeclipping but also because the spring is here and the fruit trees are blossoming pink and white. Very pretty and today it is 19 degrees and fantastic. Its Ellens birthday today so we are going to the beach and out for dinner with her family.
Talking about Xavier, Rodney is staying with friends in Torquay (Jan Juc) and Xaviers house is just two houses away. So I am offcially a stalker now, not very successfull though because he is now on tour in Western Australia so he is not there. But I did see his budgee (bird) and a wetsuit :)