Tuesday, March 30, 2004

That was a very busy weekend. Friday me, Ellen and John from work went to Lorne (Great Ocean Road) to do small mammal trapping. A very rich man who owns land near Lorne wants to build a spa center there and he wont get any permits to do that if there are rare animals in the area. So we trapped but did not get any rare animils, we got Agile Antechinuses, Bush rats and Swamp rats and I got a bloody TICK on me, horrible... Ellen said that she had never seen me act as girlie because i completely panicked and just wanted to get that beast OFF !!! The idea to tape it on video came to me after we had flushed it down the sink, what a pity... So, I am fine with ticks squeezing theire heads into other peoples flesh but nooooot on me thank you very much :) yakkk !!! My love for animals does not quite reach ticks, even though the poor things are just trying to survive... We stayed in Lorne one night in a fantastic old house/hotel where there were eggs, bacon and orange juice in the fridge, very nice and made me feel better after the tick attack :)

Sunday was the day we had been waiting for and planning for ages, our housewarming. Brilliant weather, 30 degrees and sunny and lots of people and sooooo much food. Everyone was happy and we had a great time :) As soon as our last guests left it started to rain and yesterday it was pouring so we felt very lucky with the good weather on sunday :) Pictures will come soon !!!