Friday, January 24, 2003

This is just not my day, my camera has been broken (but fixed again...), my phone doesnt want to send text messages and I cant get into my hotmail account !!! Also I burned myself on a coffee yesterday so my mouth is very sore... one good thing about that is I cannot eat crisps with salt and vinegar, which I am addicted to since I met my darling Debbie. I thought only Seamus was in the Globe hostel in Perth but Pete and Jan were there also and the day after Debbie and Anne Marie came as well, so we had a BIG reunion. (My mates I traveled with from Cairns to Perth). I went to Rottnest island with my train buddies Dave 1, Dave 2 and Stu and we had a fantastic day there, we cycled around the island and saw a lot of quakkas... ohhh, they are adorable sweet animals. Yesterday I came back from a two day tour around the south west corner of WA (Western Australia). I climbed a 50 meter high tree which is used to spot bushfire and we walked among the treetops in the Valley of the Giants. We also went into the most spectacular cave I have ever seen, Lake Cave. It is beond description, so beautiful. The boat trip we did was very wet but we saw a lot of dolphins. This trip also tested our tastebuds because we went to a candyfactory, cheesefactory, chocholatefactory and tasted wines in a winery, mmm... lovely ;) Tonight I am catching a bus to Denham, near Monkey Mia where I will be the next couple of weeks tracking wolylies (brushed tailed bettongs).