Friday, January 03, 2003

HAPPY NEW YEAR ;) I am still in Melbourne and have seen a lot since I got here. Fred and Judy have been amazing. They have shown me all Melbourne and around, and Peter took me sightseeing as well. Christmas was great, I loved being a part of this big Aussie Christmas family celebration with a lot of good people and fantastic food. Sunday we went to Freds and Judys holiday house in Queenscliff and stayed there for 2 nights and spent New Years in Apollo Bay on the Great Ocean Road with Janice and Colin. I went surfing with Peter and it was so much fun, I have to do that again soon ;) New Years day was fantastic even though the weather was not very good, we saw loads of koalas and the spectacular 12 Apostles. Great Ocean Road is absolutely amazing even in bad weather ;) On the 2nd we went back to Melbourne and on the way is a beautiful lake called Lake Elizabeth which we walked to. The lake is only 50 years old and was formed when a damp burst (I think) which made the river stop flowing. Nobody witnessed this but they sent troops into the forest to see what was going on and they came across this newly formed lake. It still has old treetrunks in it and it contains PLATYPUS, which we unfortunately did not see :( They can be spotted in dusk and dawn. We also tried to see Echidnas (hedgehog like animals) but with no luck. Platypus and Echidnas are mammals, marsupials (like koalas and kangaroo) and monotrems (laying eggs). Both extreeeemely cute animals which I HAVE to see !!!
Bad news of my videocamera, it is broken... It has been bad since Darwin but I was always hoping it would be better and I thought it was dirty but it is broken. Me and Judy spent the whole morning driving around trying to find a repair place and finally we found a place which could identify the problem and I have to take it to yet another place Monday morning. I hope they can fix it soon because I want to go to Alice Springs as soon as possible.
I want to thank you, Judy, Fred, Peter, Anna, Greg, Janice and Colin for making my time in Melbourne, Queenscliff and Apollo Bay so fantastic. I will repay your hospitality when you come and visit me in Iceland ;)