Monday, January 06, 2003

Ohhh... bad news... My videocamera is broken and they said 2 weeks just to identify the problem :( Horrible feeling to leave it in Melbourne and not beeing sure how long it takes to mend it. I cannot wait for it so I have booked the train to Adelaide on thursday and the train to Alice Springs goes sunday. The videorepairguys will call me as soon as they have identified the problem and then I will decide where they will send it for me to pick up, Sydney or Brisbane. It sucks big time not having the camera at Uluru (Ayers Rock) but there is nothing I can do... :( :( :( :(
I have seen alot of Melbourne and it is a fantastic city. Me and Nicole sailed on the Yarra River which runs through the city and yesterday we sat for hours and listened to a concert in fantastic weather. One of the artist is called Xavier Rudd and he is fantastic, playing didgeridoo, guitar, drums and singing... all at the same time !!! Ofcourse I bought his CD ;) One interesting area in Melbourne is Fitzroy, Brunswick street. A bit hippy atmosphere and a lot of cosy, interesting cafes and shops. One of the cafes is decorated upstairs with a old TV, old sewing machine and loads of comfortable couches. The icecream shops serve ice cream with green tea and plum pudding flavours and the houses are decorated on the outside with colorful sculptures. Yesterday I said goodbye to Nicole, she is going the Great Ocean Road but we will meet again in Adelaide.