Monday, October 11, 2004

I had a great weekend in M'bourne with Fred, Judy and Christian. Lots of catching up and we went to the Healsville sanctuary together, really good in lovely 25 degrees. Fred drove me to the trainstation last night and they are renovating the whole station so everything was a bit disorganized. I was told to go to platform 3 so I did, jumped in the train and off it went. There was an announcement but it was more like a low murmur and I could not hear it. The first stop was a bit unfamiliar but i thought it was just my bad memory but then I thought the landscape looked a bit strange, but found some mountains that looked a bit similar to the You Yangs... When the trainguard finally came to check the tickets he panicked and said I was going the totally wrong way. He grabbed his radio and called someone and then said there was another train coming but i had to wait an hour on the next stop. The problem was that there were three trains on the same platform and I jumpted into the wrong one, but thankfully I was not the only one who made that mistake. I sat in Woodend, an hour away north of Melbourne, all by myself, the others had realized the mistake earlier and were waiting at another stations so we met up closer to Melbourne and had a giggle about what had happened. Really nice people so it was not all bad. This was not the end of it though because our train was late and we missed the connecting train to Geelong so we had to wait another hour the get the next one. What a mess !!!!!! So instead of taking a one hour trainride to Geelong I ended up spending 5 hours trying to get home.