Friday, June 25, 2004

We went to Melbourne last night and met Meg there, had dinner at a funky bar in the city (had to wait ages to get the food..) and then headed to the Alex Lloyd concert, which was in a place called HiFi Bar, pretty cool place. The supporting act started at 8 and we were there around 8:30... the rock band playing was just awful... lots of noise but no music and the singer thought he was the coolest but he wasnt. Then a long breake followed by a girl and a guitar... She played very soft music for an hour or so and everyone fell asleap... Then a looooong break with the latest Beatle album music... I love the Beatles but they were NOT the appropriate music at the time... We tried to cheer up and sing along with Yellow Submarine but it was just too strange... Then fiiiinally at almost 11 o'clock Alex Lloyd appeared with his band. They were very good but we were still a bit frustrated to be kept waiting so long and I was soooo tired like I explained in my blog yesterday that I could hardly move to the music. No seats so everyone was standing... After the consert I was completely dead, could hardly keep my eyes open in the car home (an hours drive from Melbourne) and then when we came back the house was so cold that I went shivering to my cold bed and shivered there for a long time. So both a pretty great and pretty miserable day I had yesterday. We slept in this morning and oh that was so good :) Came to work and ARG me and Kate had to wash our very pooie traps... stinkie stinkie... We started and had only washed a few when everything went pitch black. The power had gone off the building and we were in a lab with no windows. We struggled to get out and had to wait for ages for the power to get on again. We are going to a housewarming party tonight, Jonno at work just moved to Point Lonsdale so it should be great fun :) He is also celebrating that he finished his Honours talk today so happy day Jonno :) Have a great weekend everyone :) smooch