Monday, February 02, 2004

Now i am back to Adelaide, in my old room and lots of familiar faces around me :) Its cold here... but its good to be able to take a shower without sweating as soon as i step out.
My scratched eye started to feel worse yesterday and it was really bad this morning so I went to see a doctor. She cleaned it and gave me eyedrops and it feels much much better. So I am very happy about that :o)
Cooper Pedy was amazing, big Opal mines and Opal shops everywhere. Most people live underground and we slept in an underground bungalo. 40 degrees outside but nice and cool in our rabbit hole... very nice :) The mine museum was very interesting.
I forgot to mention something that we did in our 3 day tour in the center. We dug up a Witchetty grub, which is a wood-boring, edible caterpillar of a moth. The grubs live in the underground roots of wattle trees. Huge white caterpillars !!!! We found one which became our pet for half a day, then we grilled it like the aboriginies do. It smelled so nice and tasted like egg. Very very good :) I tried to find a picture of it on the internet but the pages are closed... but if you put 'Witchetty grub' in Google you will find some pictures. Aboriginal delicacy !!!
I developed my first 3 films and will put them on the internet soon. I will head back to Melbourne soon and move into my house on the 7th of February :) Thanx for all the sweet comments. Love, Rannveig