Saturday, January 10, 2004

Monday 12th of January (in TWO DAYS !!!) I will be flying to London to meet up with old friends. Will be staying with Debbie so we can catch up and refresh our memories of the fantastic times we had together in Australia last year. Hopefully Anne Marie can make it too. Friday 16th I will arrive to Melbourne and my very fair skin will get some sun at last :o) I am planning to take a 2 weeks tour to the center of Australia, start by going to Adelaide for few days and perhaps fly to Alice Springs to see Uluru, Kata Tjuta and Kings Canyon. Hopefully I will meet someone there who can give me a ride back to Adelaide/Melbourne. I really want to see Coober Pedy on my way back.

After this trip I will start my project in Geelong (1 hour from Melbourne) which you will all hear about very soon. I will be working with a rare marsupial called Swamp Antechinus (Antechinus minimus). Looks a bit like a big mouse but is related to kangaroos...