Friday, January 30, 2004

I knew the center of Australia was hot, and yes... it is HOOOOOT!!! Came to Alice Springs on Australia Day 26th of Jan and met Kamila, Daniela and Erica. Went to the center but not many people there, looked like ghost town and shops closed very early because of the holiday. The day after me and Kamila (Holland) went on a tour with WayOutBack, 4WD and spent 3 days exploring Uluru (Ayers Rock), Kata Tjuta (Olgas) and Kings Canyon. It was a fantastic tour and a great group. I walked around Uluru (veryveryvery hot 2 1\2 hours) and am so happy because I almost gave up because of the heat. Our guide Owen drove around and picked up those who did not want to walk more but it was only because of darling Naomi that I kept going :) THANK YOU !!! We slept in swags under (big sleeping bags with a matrase) under the stars after haveing seen Uluru in a brilliant sunset. The day after we woke up extremely early (4:15) to go and see Kata Tjuta and Uluru in sunrise. Fantastic, and then we walked in the Wind of Valleys in Kata Tjuta (3 1\2 hours. The last day we also woke up extremely early to see the sunrise in Kings Canyon. The walk in Kings Canyon (3 hours) was fantastic. I will put loads of pictures on my other page when I have develope the films in Adelaide. When we came back to Alice Springs we met all up for dinner and went dancing later on. Very funny place with cameras on the dancefloor. Going to Coober Pedy tomorrow... more next, running out of time...