Saturday, December 07, 2002

One word for Darwin: HOT !!! But I had a great time there and I would have wanted to stay longer. I met Dan's brother Barry and he showed me around, thanx again Barry and Claire ;)
Driving into Western Australia I saw a very heartwarming sight, the Baobab (Boab) trees which I havnt seen since Madagascar. They are also called "The trees god planted upside down" because in the dry season the branches look like roots. These trees are only found in Madagascar, South Africa and the northern parts of Western Australia. We were 9 people traveling together in 2 cars from Darwin and now I am in Broome. The trip was horribly hot because the cars have no air con... so we sat there boiling for 2 days. But the people are great and it was a beautiful drive. Broome is lovely, very very hot and untill now our favourite place is our cool pool at the hostel. I say cool, because most pools are hot like in a bathtub and not very refreshing in this extreme heat. We went to a marked today and now we will go to the famouse beach of Broome and see the sunset.