Thursday, July 06, 2006

OMG, its so nice and warm outside but still they say its only 11°C .... I just cannot belaeave it, damn weather people ;) There are half naked children running around pouring water on each other and the grown ups are sunbathing or walking around in shorts and thongs (aussie thongs - flip flops). Perhaps Icelanders are so crazy to feel this warm in such cold weather, but I think the weather people are reading the thermometers wrong.

Well I have just been visiting my puffins in the lovely weather, there is egg shell everywhere so there are definitely lots of small little puffin chicks in the burrows, I cannot wait to see them with the camera, its being fixed at the moment.

The only problem with this amazing research is the damn puffin ticks, they are everywhere, it was not too bad today but there were still few of them crawling on me... I take the advise of the locals and always take a shower as soon as I get from the field and put my clothes outside and so far so good. I am so allergic to the bites and DONT want that to happen again, not after the tick horror I experienced in Australia... brrrrrr....