Monday, September 04, 2006

A great hero of mine is gone :'( I remember when i first saw Steve Irwin on TV, it was exciting and thrilling and I fell in love with him in one second. He is a big part of the reason why I decided to dedicate my life doing wildlife films. Shivering I wrote to the Australia Zoo and asked for a volunteer position and never in my dreams thought that the answer could be positive. My heart took thousand turns when i opened the invitation letter and off I went. I didnt spend very long time at the zoo but the experience will always be a part of who I am. I met Steve, Terri and Bindi when we all found ourselves picking wild passion fruit of the same tree outside the parking lot. They were laughing and I felt so lucky that they would speak to me, truly amazing people. I was also lucky enough to be a part of a crowd control crew that kept visitors away from him while he filmed scenes of crocodile episode. It was amazing to see him work and I learned so much from him. I just want to say thank you Steve and my best wishes go to Terri, Bindi, Bob and all the grieving staff at the Australia Zoo.