Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The big skiing adventure was a bit different from the original plan... When me and Steinunn got to the mountains all the elevators were closed due to bad weather. Soooo typical... We went back to the car and had a real picnic there with hot chocholate and cheese. We decided to walk up to a small slope and go for one ride. Well, when I had squeezed myself into the 20 year old ski shoes and had walked 2 meters I felt something strange happen. The right shoe had a huge crack underneath... well I decided to continue and up we went, after a long wresle I got the shoe on the ski and I had 2 seconds of lovely skiing. Then the shoe exploded and I fell off. Me and Steinunn were rolling in the snow laughing and finally she went to get the camera. I was determined to use the whole slope so I showed some fantastic one-footed skiing moves... Then we decided to use the rest of the day and went for a ride on the Reykjanes peninsula, so amazing landscape, frozen lakes and hot springs. Fantastic :)