Thursday, October 24, 2002

Hey everybody.
Brisbane is a great city, very friendly and cosy. I am staying with my cousin Stella her husband and two daughters, 3 and 5 year olds. Today me Stella and the girls went to a Koala zoo and those of you who know me well should be able to imagine my reaction when they handed me a small koala.... ohhhh myyyy gooood, they are sooo cute and soft. There were all kinds of koalas there and devided into groups, mummys with joeys (youngs), girls, boys and retired, the retired ones are very old and tired but still very cute ;) Now they are my absolute favourite aniamals (... and ofcource rhinos, chameleons and mouse lemurs). Unfortunately koalas are endangered, both because they are loosing theire habitat, they just eat leafs of eucalyptus trees, and because many of them are infected by clamydia that makes them sterile. So we should all cross our fingers and hope they will be saved, thank you ;) The park did not only have koalas but other australian animals as well, the kangaroos and wallabys were very cute, all in an open area where people can walk and feed them. I have never been licked and druled on by a kangaroo before so it was a great experience ;)
I will stay in Brisbane untill sunday and then i am heading north, probably take a bus up to Cairns and the buscard is valid for 30 days and i can go on and off as many times as i want. I am thinking about taking a 5 day trip from Cairns to Darwin with a small group and we would see some non touristic places which would suit me very well. The weather here is fantastic, 30-35 °C and sunny... just telling that to make you jou jellous ;) hehe... Untill later :o)