Friday, April 28, 2006

Ohhhh myyyyy gooooood.... OMG OMG OMG :) I went to the Westman Islands today to meet my coworkers for the summer and I was given the grand tour around the islands.... I SAW LOADS OF PUFFINS... and also tons of my favourite bird Golden Plover (lóa) which I have not seen yet in Reykjavík even though they should have arrived. The flight over there was very early and the islands were covered in thin morning mist and it looked soooo amazing, and when the mist cleared it took my breath away to see Hekla covered in snow and the magnificent Eyjafjallaglacier. I almost cried... it was also very warm (10-15°C hehe) and it was just amazing... I went sunbathing while waiting for my tiny airplane back to Reykjavík. I cannot wait to get over there in end of May, away from all the noise and stress... but everyone has to come and visit me, i might get a house for the summer so there will be plenty of room :)